Most of my job in the world department is behind the scenes: putting production polish on stories from our correspondents, finding new ways to present information to readers and ensuring that our stories are as widely and wisely distributed as possible.
I also write occasionally. You can find my stories here, on my author page.
Newsletter and alerts editor, The Washington Post
- Thing I’m most proud of: The creation of pop-up newsletters (thanks to Nieman Lab for the write-up)
Tablet editor, The Washington Post
- Thing I’m most proud of: As the newsroom point person for this product “refresh,” I conducted editorial and production testing pre-launch and created new workflows to adjust to backend changes, then trained the breaking news team. I also tracked bugs and worked closely with the product team to address immediate fixes.
- Date: January 2015
- Role: Producer, newsroom liaison, tester
Digital projects producer, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Thing I’m most proud of: As the project manager on the Journal Sentinel’s mobile redesign project, I prioritized functionality and facelift changes, wrote CSS for new designs, communicated across departments to coordinate ads and analytics, and managed feedback from a group of 15 Journal Sentinel managers and employees.
- Date: 2014
- Role: Project manager, designer